The Recycling Foundation (TRF) supports innovation, research and collaboration in the pursuit of sustainable materials management.
The Recycling Foundation needs your support! Help us ensure that Washington State remains in the forefront of recycling and waste reduction research and education!
Student Scholarships: This year, TRF provided the funding for seven college students to attend the WSRA conference.
Grant Applications: For next year, TRF will begin accepting applications late this summer (2017) from non-profit organizations interested in proposing projects aimed at achieving TRF’s goals. It is anticipated that the first awards will be made by November 1, 2017.
Areas of Focus:
1. Scholarships for students supporting professional development activities for those in the industry.
2. Support research of upstream behaviors related to the industry and measuring results of current programs.
3. Pursuing sustainable funding of solid waste systems.
The Recycling Foundation uses various means to gather resources that support our mission.
- Grant Funding: We seek support from other like-minded foundations to support our work.
- Individual Donors: We solicit support from individuals and corporations to support our work.
Funding to The Recycling Foundation can be given as general support or can go to support one of the two foundation programs:
- Scholarships to the Washington State Recycling Association (WSRA) Conference for college students. $500 provides a scholarship to an undergraduate or graduate college student to attend the WSRA conference. For more information on the 2017 grant program, click here.
- Community Grants to support educational programs in rural and urban areas throughout the state of Washington. Average grant sizes range from $500 to $5,000. For more information on a past community grant, click here.
Recent Fundraising Activity
At the WSRA conference in Pasco, WA, conference attendees”Raised their Paddle” to support the work of The Recycling Foundation. Over $6,000 was raised from the 160 people in attendance.