The 2018 Grant Process Timeline Will be Announced in Fall 2018
Overview: The Recycling Foundation (TRF) is dedicated to:
- Promoting education and research about recycling and its benefits
- Fostering recycled content procurement, waste reduction and reuse
- Supporting recycling educational activities in Washington state
- The Recycling Foundation (TRF) supports innovation, research and collaboration in the pursuit of sustainable materials management.
The Recycling Foundation (TRF) supports innovation, research and collaboration in the pursuit of sustainable materials management.
TRF supports these goals by funding organizations or groups that conduct projects aimed at achieving these goals. You may read about past grant recipients here.
Eligibility: TRF considers only those organizations and institutions that have been granted tax-exempt status under Section 501 of the Internal Revenue Code. Organizations must not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
Criteria: TRF will consider grant proposals for projects that meet all of the following criteria:
- Address the priorities of TRF
- Result in measurable impact
- Have support from the organization’s Board of Directors and leadership
- Will use the grant monies awarded and complete the project within twelve months of the award
Restrictions: TRF will not fund proposals that:
- Are designed to benefit one (1) individual
- Are for general fundraising for fundraising campaigns or for unrestricted funds
- Fund political, fraternal, or social activities or candidates
Grant Process and Additional Requirements: Organizations or groups interested in applying for a grant from TRF should submit a written proposal that includes:
- Submit a complete Grant Application. Please attach the following documents to your application form:
- List of current board members (include member affiliations and any other pertinent information)
- List of key organizational staff, including titles and main functions
- Your organization’s current annual budget
- Your organization’s most recent 990 forms
- Letter signed by the board president that indicates the boards’ knowledge and support of the project
Selection Criteria: TRF will evaluate grant proposals based on the following criteria:
- Can the project be easily replicated?
- Will an increase in recycling or reuse occur as a result of the project?
- Are there measureable success factors?
- Does the project fit within the goals of TRF?
Grant Contact Information: To apply for a grant from TRF, please submit the Grant Application and supplemental materials to:
The Recycling Foundation
545 Andover Park West, Suite 209
Tukwila, WA 98188
Those submitting a grant application will be notified by email within 90 days about the funding status of their application. Grants are awarded only one time per year. The average size of grants will be in the range of $2,500 – $5,000, depending on project impact.